the Yorktown Land Trust
The Yorktown Land Trust is a nonprofit, tax exempt corporation
established in 1986 whose purposes are:
promote the preservation and protection of the scenic beauty of Turkey
Mountain and other open spaces in the Town of Yorktown and vicinity.
- To acquire, hold, manage, and transfer land for community benefit
and/or community purposes.
- To protect, and promote the protection of plant, fish and wildlife
- To preserve land for recreational, educational, and scenic purposes.
The Yorktown Land Trust offers:
- Tax exempt status which guarantees maximum tax benefits to donors.
- Assistance to landowners in determining future use of their land in
keeping with the goals of the Land Trust.
- Facts about different land preservation techniques.
- Detailed information on conservation easements as a flexible land
- Contacts with other local, state and national land trusts for
further financial and technical advice.
- The experience of a Board of Directors working since 1986 to promote
land preservation for community benefit.
- An opportunity for residents to work together to insure that the
green open spaces of Yorktown remain green for future generations.
- The Yorktown Walk Book, a trail guide to Yorktown's quiet ways,
published in 2016.
- Informative educational workshops and events for the public.
The Yorktown Land Trust seeks:
- People interested in working to preserve open space.
- Residents with expertise in law, financing, engineering and land
management to further the work of the Land Trust.
- Property owners who want to learn more about how to protect their
- Conservation minded buyers for available properties.
- Trail watchers to take photographs, and relate comments on
- Contributions of money to pay for operating expenses as well as for
The Yorktown Land Trust Board of Directors is made up of people serving two year terms in a volunteer position. The Board holds regular meetings and conducts the business of the corporation. At the annual meeting in March of each year, half of the Directors are elected, and four officers are elected as president, vice president, secretary and treasurer. The current Board of Directors includes:
John Schroeder - President
Aaron Bock - Vice President
Nancy Truitt - Treasurer
Kristina Lindbergh - Secretary
In addition, the Advisory Committee consists of volunteers elected for a one year position to advise the Board on various matters.
© 1996-2019 Yorktown Land Trust. All rights reserved, USA and worldwide.
Site designed by Chase Media Group.